Emergency vehicles are an integral part of modern life.
Before a fire truck comes shooting out of the station, ready to save the day or an ambulance can cut across an intersection to the hospital, an emergency vehicle warning is required.
People on the streets need to know, for their safety and the first responders.
Emergency vehicle caution system.Beacons activated in fire station with push button
Emergency vehicle caution system operating24-hours a day
What’s included in a solar emergency vehicle lighting system?
A standard traffic system includes a transmitter to activate the system, poles and break away base, flashing beacon(s) with visor, and electronics cabinet with pre-assembled wiring for easy installation along with installation documentation. A standard solar lighting emergency vehicle system comes with the following benefits:
- AC or DC Solar Powered
- System Flexibility: tailored to meet requirements or needs
- Programmable Timed Vehicle Exit
- CAUTION (amber) or STOP (red) Alerts: no price difference
- 8″ or 12″ LED Signal Heads: no price difference
- Meets MUTCD and ITE Standards
Our solar powered systems are sized by geographical location based upon electrical load for optimal effectiveness guaranteeing sufficient power for the flashing beacons – the light intensity never fades! They’re customized to your needs and the regulations of the municipality.
Our self-contained systems don’t require electrical contractors to install, whether you choose to side mount the solar emergency vehicle warning system or top mount it to your pole of choice. This means that setup is a snap and systems can fit just about anywhere for the maximum in flexibility for your urban planning needs. Our DC solar units come with the following features:
- Self Contained
- Top or Side-of-Pole Mounting Rack
- No Power Interruption
- No Trenching or Boring for Cable
- No Electrical Bills
- Electrical Contractors Not Required for Installation
- Solid State FS-2 Flasher
- High Efficiency Self Cleaning Solar Modules with 20 Year Warranty
- Solar Charge Controller with LCD Display Showing Battery Voltage, Charge Current, and Load Current
- Maintenance Free AGM Deep Cycle Batteries: 5 Year Pro-rated Warranty
- Sized by Computer Program: Ensures Power Generated meets/exceeds Load Requirements: no charge for analysis or report
- LED Light Intensity is NOT Reduced as a function of Battery Voltage During Long Operating Times – signals stay bright!
- Flash Rate is Constant at Selected Rate: Does NOT Vary as a Function of Battery Voltage
- Wireless activation options
Three solar powered red-yellow-green signal heads. Lights stay green until fire trucks exit.
Emergency vehicle confirmation signal.
Signal remains dark until system is activated;
turns green when 3-section heads are red.
When a signal is activated it remains on for a pre-set period of time. Timer lengths are set by the user and can range from 1 second to 100 hours. If more than one location requires signal activation it can be done simultaneously via radio transmissions. Each receiver and transmitter has an individual address code, activating only receivers with the matching code. Any number or receivers can be set to a single address code. In addition, signal poles have the capability of receiving a transmission from miles away when positioned with line-of-sight.
If you’re ready to learn more about emergency vehicle lighting solutions then please contact us or fill out the webform on our contact page, and one of our representatives will help you to find out more about how a cost effective, durable solar emergency vehicle lighting solution can work for you.